The Colorado Rockies (7-13) meet the Philadelphia Phillies (10-10) for the rubber match of their three-game set at Coors Field. First pitch is scheduled for 3:10 p.m. ET. Let’s analyze BetMGM Sportsbook‘s lines around the Phillies vs. Rockies odds with MLB picks and predictions.
Philadelphia rebounded from a 5-4 loss in Game 1 to beat Colorado 7-5 in Game 2 to even the series.
Season series: Tied 1-1.
RHP Chase Anderson is on the mound for the Phillies. Anderson is 0-2 with a 4.15 ERA (13 IP, 6 ER), 1.15 WHIP, 3.5 BB/9 and 7.6 K/9 in 3 starts.
- Last outing: Loss with 4 IP, 2 ER, 5 H, 0 BB and 5 K’s in Colorado’s 2-0 loss to the San Francisco Giants Monday.
- Career vs. the Rockies: 4-3 with a 4.68 ERA (65 1/3 IP, 34 ER), 1.32 WHIP and 8.0 K/9 in 12 starts.
RHP Jon Gray is the projected starter for the Rockies. Gray is 2-1 with a 2.42 ERA (22 1/3 IP, 6 ER), 1.12 WHIP, 4.4 BB/9 and 8.5 K/9 in 4 starts.
- Last outing: Win in 6 2/3 IP with 1 ER, 3 H, 4 BB and 6 K’s in Colorado’s 6-2 victory over the Houston Astros Tuesday.
- Career vs. the Phillies: 3-3 with a 4.14 ERA (41 1/3 IP, 19 ER), 1.21 WHIP and 10.5 K/9 in 7 starts.
MLB betting offers/promotions
BetMGM Sportsbook offers available in CO, IA, IN, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA and WV. New customer offers, terms and conditions apply.
- Bet just $1 on either team’s money line, WIN $100 (in free bets) if either team hits a home run during the game. Bet now!
- RISK-FREE FIRST BET. Place your first bet, if it loses you’ll get up to $600 in free bets. Bet now!
Phillies at Rockies odds, lines, picks and prediction
- Money line: Phillies -110 (bet $110 to win $100) | Rockies -110 (bet $110 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: Phillies +1.5 (-175) | Rockies -1.5 (+145)
- Over/Under: 11.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Rockies 7, Phillies 3
Money line (ML)
GIMME the ROCKIES (-110) for 1 unit because Gray is Colorado’s best starting pitcher, and Anderson is more of a back-of-the-rotation starter.
Statcast grades Gray out in the 89th percentile of barrel%, 83rd percentile of hard-hit rate and 85th percentile of expected slugging percentage.
Conversely, Anderson is in the 49th percentile of hard-hit rate, 17th percentile in expected slugging percentage, 18th percentile in expected wOBA and his numbers at Coors Field are subpar as well.
Anderson is 2-2 with a 6.66 ERA (25 2/3 IP, 19 ER), 1.60 WHIP and 7.0 K/9 in five career starts at Coors Field.
Also, the Phillies cannot put together a winning streak and are 0-6 in their last six games following a win.
Slight “LEAN” to the ROCKIES -1.5 (+145) for a one-fifth unit if at all because Colorado has a 16-13 run line (RL) record as a home favorite since the start of 2020 and Philadelphia has a winning RL record as a road dog over that span.
Furthermore, Colorado’s run line price is being steamed up because money is coming in on Philadelphia. So if you’re planning on betting the Rockies to win by two or more runs then wait until closer to the first pitch for a better price.
“LEAN” to the UNDER 11.5 (-110) for a quarter unit because the Rockies are 0-4 O/U in Gray’s starts this year and have gone Under the total in four straight prior to yesterday.
Additionally, according to Pregame.com, nearly 90% of the money is on the Over in Phillies-Rockies and, as we all know, 90% of sports bettors don’t win.
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests. Play now!
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.